Heater Maintenance in Santa Clara
Routine Heating Service for Better Efficiency & Reliability
Many homeowners are unaware that failing to routinely maintain their HVAC systems can void their warranty. More importantly, lack of annual maintenance could significantly shorten the life of the system, diminish your indoor comfort, and potentially cost you more money due to poor efficiency and higher repair costs. Take action and ensure that you schedule a heater maintenance appointment at least once per year in the fall with Aquinas.
Need heater maintenance in Santa Clara? Call Aquinas HVAC now at (408) 413-2053 to schedule.
7 Benefits of Maintaining Your Heater
- Greater reliability - When you take care of your system, it will take care of you! Maintenance gives you peace of mind that your heater is in good working order when you need it most.
- Improved safety - Fuel-burning heaters create carbon monoxide (CO), a toxic gas, as a byproduct of combustion. A dirty or poorly maintained furnace that doesn't properly vent this gas away from your home can put you and your family at risk from CO poisoning.
- Longer equipment lifespan - Routine maintenance keeps your furnace clean and in good repair, which means it will last longer and work better.
- Better air quality - Dirty furnaces can actually diminish the quality of air inside your home. If you have noticed more dust in your home than usual or someone is experiencing symptoms of allergies or respiratory illness, the culprit could be your furnace.
- Energy savings - Neglected heating systems have to work harder and use up more energy to work than those that are regularly serviced. Better energy efficiency translates to more money in your pocket.
- Enhanced comfort - Poor airflow, leaking ductwork, or furnace malfunctions can all impede the system's ability to reach the desired temperature for your home. Maintenance optimizes system performance so you can stay cozy without having to constantly turn down the thermostat.
What Does Regular Furnace Maintenance Entail?
Regular furnace maintenance will keep your heater running as efficiently as possible, which will make your home more comfortable and save you money on energy bills. The main goal of furnace maintenance is to check the system’s important components and clean, test, and lubricate them as needed.
During your heater maintenance visit, a technician will perform the following steps:
- Examine the vent system and air intake grilles to remove blockages
- Examine the heat exchanger for concerning signs of wear and tear
- Examine the blower to remove debris
- Examine the blower motor and test its amp draw, which is simply a measurement of the power a blower motor consumes when it is pushing air throughout the system
- Examine the electrical connections
- Tighten electrical connections and replace damaged wiring if applicable
- Check the burner and flame sensor
- Check the belts for wear and tear or other signs of damage
- Examine the thermostat and fix any issues
- Lubricate the various parts of the heating system
- Examine the air filter
- Clean the air filter
- Replace the air filter if necessary
- Examine the system’s safety controls and startup cycle
“I have to commend this company for their efficiency and while Joe was very knowledgeable his good intentions were very apparent.”Katrina E.
“He was SUPER accommodating and did everything in his power to get the job done quickly and efficiently.”Erin E.
“Joe was able to come out and look at it within 24 hours.”Brianaaa A.
“Andy is very knowledgeable and you can tell he always puts his customers first!”Jose G.
“Thanks to Andy, I am happy I did!”Celia M.