AC Maintenance in Santa Clara
Professional Air Conditioning Tune Up Services
Air conditioners play an important role in maintaining ideal temperature as well as good air quality in a building. It's easy to take them for granted until they suddenly break down or start giving you trouble. To protect such a large investment and to reduce the chances of an interruption to your comfort, it's important to make sure you keep your air conditioner well-maintained over the course of its lifespan.
Here at Aquinas HVAC Inc., our experts recommend that your HVAC system be checked by a professional at least twice a year: once in the spring for your air conditioner, and once in the fall for your heating system. An AC tune-up includes inspection, cleaning, and servicing. The extent of the services we perform will depend on whether we notice any issues during the inspection.
Time to schedule your yearly service appointment? Contact our Santa Clara AC maintenance experts today at (408) 413-2053.
Benefits of AC Maintenance
When it's hot outside, the last thing you want to happen is for your AC unit to break down. One easy way to avoid this nightmare scenario is to have your unit routinely maintained. The right preventive care can help reduce the chances of a breakdown and allows your service technician to find and correct any potential issues before they have a chance to ruin your day.
Regular AC maintenance provides many benefits, including:
- Better Energy Efficiency - Neglecting your air conditioner will ultimately result in your system working harder to keep your home cool. This means that you'll be spending more on energy while receiving diminishing returns on performance. Maintenance helps keep your AC running optimally, which will keep your utility bill in check.
- Fewer Repairs - Scheduling annual AC maintenance appointments means you'll always have a technician on the lookout for worn or damaged parts that need to be replaced before further deterioration and damage can happen.
- Extended Lifespan of AC System - The old adage "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" definitely applies to air conditioners. With the right care, your AC will run more efficiently and be less prone to problems that can shorten its usable life.
How Often Does My AC Need Maintenance?
Proper maintenance of your AC unit is essential for maximum efficiency and longevity. Depending on the type of air conditioner you have, how often it’s used, and where you live, the frequency of AC maintenance may vary. For Santa Clara residents, we recommend general maintenance at least once a year. Preventative maintenance can help ensure that your unit is running at peak performance, as well as help you prevent costly repairs in the future.
What Does AC Maintenance Consist Of?
AC maintenance typically involves several key tasks to ensure the system operates efficiently and effectively. These tasks include:
- Filter Replacement/Cleaning: Dirty filters restrict airflow and reduce efficiency. They should be replaced or cleaned regularly.
- Coil Cleaning: Both the evaporator and condenser coils can accumulate dirt over time, hindering heat transfer. Cleaning these coils improves efficiency.
- Condensate Drain Cleaning: Clogged drain channels can lead to water damage and affect humidity levels. Cleaning ensures proper drainage.
- Checking Refrigerant Levels: Insufficient refrigerant can indicate a leak or improper charging, affecting system efficiency. Refrigerant levels should be checked and adjusted if necessary.
- Inspecting Electrical Components: This includes checking connections, capacitors, and wiring for wear or damage.
- Thermostat Calibration: Ensuring accurate temperature control improves comfort and efficiency.
For quality AC maintenance in Santa Clara, call Aquinas HVAC Inc. today or contact us online.
“I have to commend this company for their efficiency and while Joe was very knowledgeable his good intentions were very apparent.”Katrina E.
“He was SUPER accommodating and did everything in his power to get the job done quickly and efficiently.”Erin E.
“Joe was able to come out and look at it within 24 hours.”Brianaaa A.
“Andy is very knowledgeable and you can tell he always puts his customers first!”Jose G.
“Thanks to Andy, I am happy I did!”Celia M.